Portobello Mushroom & Asparagus Pasta Salad
1 1/2 packages Portobello Mushrooms, diced
1 bundle Asparagus broken at tender point, then sliced
1 box Mini Bowtie Pasta
2 large cloves Garlic, minced
3 Tablespoons Butter, cubed
2 1/2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
1- After slicing, dicing, and mincing the appropriate ingredients, place the cubed butter in a skillet.
2. Melt butter on medium heat then add minced garlic.
3. After sauteing the garlic, and the diced mushrooms, and keep stirring until they are tender and dark.
4. While mushrooms saute, bring water to a boil and cook the pasta.
5. When pasta has around three minutes left to cook, add the sliced asparagus to the pot.
6. Once both the pasta and the asparagus are tender, strain the water out and place in a mixing bowl.
7. Add the mushrooms to the bowl and stir together with the olive oil.
8. Add salt and pepper to taste
9. Eat it up, as this is a fairly healthy pasta salad:)
Possible Add-Ins~ grated Parmasean Cheese, cubed Fresh Mozzerella, diced Cherry Tomatoes
I think this is best served hot, but you could serve it cold as well.